Outside Contractor Sales Representative
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
- Previous knowledge and experience in the building materials industry
- Previous experience selling building materials to home builders, remodelers, and general contractors
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales and improve profitability
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to read blueprints and understand construction practices
- Ability to make accurate and complete material take-offs from blueprints
- Familiarity with sourcing special orders
- Ability to operate a personal computer, learn Spruce business software applications and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift and handle building materials as required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public
- A driver’s license, access to a reliable personal vehicle, and insurability
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Sales & Relationship Building: Identifies target customers, increases and maintains market share. Collects and keeps up-to-date information on customers’ product use and trends. Services contractors by selling building materials and installed sales services. Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company. Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments.
- Communication: Keeps lines of communication open between the team members at the store and customers to ensure that service is accurate and timely.
- Knowledge & Training: Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities. Completes required orientation and safety training. Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Medical Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer contribution to 401(k) Plan