If you are in the market for a new home, you should shop for your builder as carefully as you shop for your home. Whether you are buying a condo, a townhouse, a house in a subdivision or a custom-built house, you want to know that you are buying a good quality home from a reputable builder. Here are some tips to help you choose a builder. [READ MORE]
When you are thinking about buying a new home, selecting the right home builder is a key step in creating the home of your dreams. You should feel comfortable asking a potential home builder every question that you think is important. And, a professional builder or sales representative will want to make you a happy and satisfied home owner. [READ MORE]
If you are considering a home remodeling project, the most important decision you can make is selecting a professional home remodeler to do the job. Your home is too important to entrust to anyone but a professional home remodeler who can: [READ MORE]
A record 117 single-family, multifamily, remodeling and community projects were honored at the 2015 Best in American Living Awards (BALA) Gala held during the 2016 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. These award-winning projects represent the nation’s best in home and community design, interior design and remodeling. [READ MORE]
High energy use not only has environmental impacts but it can hit you personally in the pocketbook. Here is a list of helpful suggestions that can help you reduce energy consumption in your household. You'll also find water conservation and recycling tips. [READ MORE]
Energy efficiency in homes is generally achieved through the use of building materials, construction techniques, designs and appliances that minimize the amount of electricity, natural gas and other fuels needed to heat, cool and operate a home. Maximizing energy efficiency is a major aspect of green building (also known as sustainable or high performance construction). Home builders strive to maximize energy efficiency in new construction, and improving energy efficiency is frequently a goal of residential remodeling. [READ MORE]
A new deck or patio can be the perfect gathering place, adding a new dimension to your yard and creating space that you didn’t even know you had. A well-planned outdoor living space can become a home owner’s backyard getaway, but the wrong deck or patio can end up as unused dead space. Keep the following in mind and you’ll find yourself enjoying the sunshine from your outdoor retreat in no time. [READ MORE]
You want to change the look and feel of your house, but you also want your remodeling job to look fresh for a number of years and complement the existing features of your home. How do you choose the right project and design for you and your family? [READ MORE]
Rules & Regulations
- OFFICIAL RULES: The Home Builders Association of Dayton (hereinafter “HBAD”) will conduct a 50/50 Raffle (each, a "Raffle") via the online platform WinHalf.com as specified by HBA at a future date. Only one Raffle will be held during any particular time. By participating in a Raffle, entrant (individual purchasing a raffle ticket) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of HBA, which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. Each Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY: At time of entry, entrant must be at least 18 years of age. HBA and its representatives have the right to request photo identification from any person desiring to enter the Raffle. Raffle is void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- PURCHASING TICKETS: On any date that a Raffle is occurring, Raffle tickets ("Tickets") will be sold online. Tickets may be purchased as follows: 5 tickets for $5.00; 10 tickets for $10.00; and, 25 tickets for $20.00. Tickets will be available for purchase online only and must be purchased with cash in U.S. dollars. The minimum purchase is 5 tickets for $5.00. There is no limit to the number of Tickets an individual may purchase. Entrant will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchase. HBA nor selling groups are not responsible for printing errors in any Raffle-related material or any misdirected, incomplete, lost, late or illegible Tickets or other errors or problems which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in or win a Raffle. All Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued. Tickets are only valid for the drawing held on the date of purchase.
- RAFFLE TICKETS ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE: According to the Internal Revenue Service, amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, a ticket purchase does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
- THE PRIZE: One half of the amount of the net proceeds from the sale of Tickets to each Raffle (as determined by HBA in its sole discretion) shall constitute the Raffle's prize ("Prize"). The other one half shall be retained by HBA and distributed to a local non-profit.
- SELECTION OF THE WINNING TICKETS: One Ticket will be randomly drawn utilizing automated software to determine the winner of the Prize. The holder of the winning Ticket need not be present at the time of the drawing in order to win. The winning Ticket will be announced and listed on the HBA 50/50 Facebook page (facebook.com/hbadayton).
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Within seven (7) business days of a drawing, the holder of the winning Ticket in any Raffle must adhere and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by WinHalf.
- TRANSFER AND RESALE OF TICKETS: Entrants may opt to give away their Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the entrant waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the Prize. HBA shall conclusively presume that the person who is in possession of the winning Ticket is the lawful owner of that Ticket and that Ticket's winning number. HBA shall not make, nor have any duty to make, any inquiry whatsoever into the circumstances under which the person holding the winning Ticket came into possession of it. Purchasers of Tickets may not re-sell their Tickets to others, and may not knowingly give Tickets to others for the purpose of allowing those others to re-sell such Tickets. All Tickets that have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void and all individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win the Prize.
- ODDS: The odds of winning a Raffle depend on the number of Tickets purchased.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering into a Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release HBA, each of its members and affiliates, together with their administrators, employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Raffle will be conducted and supervised by HBA whose decisions are final. Failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by HBA. HBA reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. HBA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention or other causes disrupt or interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) Tickets that are lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, given away, or no longer in the entrant’s possession; (b) Tickets that have been or may have been tampered with or re-sold in violation of these Official Rules; (c) Tickets or payments that are delayed, misdirected, or undelivered as a result of any failure or problem with the availability, functionality, operability or use of any network, server, ISP, website, computer, internet connection, hand-held mobile device or any other equipment or connection used in connection with a Raffle; and, (d) any other errors of any kind, whether human or otherwise, related to a Raffle, including, without limitation, errors in identifying potential winners, errors in the administration of the Raffle or errors in any Raffle-related materials.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Each winner, by accepting a Prize, grants HBA, its designees and affiliates, without limitation, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner's name (first name and first initial of last name ), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information, for advertising, and trade and promotional purposes, without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that HBA may require in connection with this release.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, the potential winner and HBA in connection with any Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of, or relating to, any Raffle or these Official Rules, shall be brought only in the courts of the State of Ohio.
- COPYRIGHT: All Raffle-related materials are copyrighted by HBA and may not be copied, reproduced or used for any purpose without HBA's prior written consent.
- THE ORGANIZATION: HBA is a Section 501(c)(6) organization sponsoring a single chance drawing ("Raffle") to be conducted online.
- CONTACT: To speak to the HBA Raffle coordinator, please call (937) 298-2900.
Spending on residential remodels will continue to trend upward, according to experts at a press conference hosted by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Remodelers at the International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas. Professional remodelers from around the country agreed with the forecast, citing clients’ increased financial security. [READ MORE]
The National Association of Home Builders estimates that the number of households headed by someone age 55+ will increase through 2019 to account for more than 45% of all U.S. households. These ever-growing ranks of empty-nesters, new retirees, grandparents and active seniors create an opportunity for builders across the country to meet the special needs and preferences of 55+ buyers looking to relocate, downsize their homes or find a new senior-friendly community. [READ MORE]