- Build loads for delivery
- Load and unload lumber and building supplies
- Operates forklift
- Keeps management aware of any delays or discrepancies
- Keeps lumber yard clean, well-organized and safe
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out simple one or two-step instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent; or 1 to 3 months related experience or training.
- Previous experience working in a lumber yard or similar.
- Forklift operation experience strongly preferred.