ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides service to customers picking up products in the mill.
- Assists, as required, in various tasks in the production of custom millwork and custom cabinetry, including, but not limited to operating woodworking machinery and equipment, sanding, finishing, assembling, etc.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Assists with housekeeping, stocking, inventory control, and other related activities.
- Assists in lumber yard warehouse as needed.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of company products and company standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use woodworking tools, machinery and equipment as well as motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six (6) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing or walking, stooping and kneeling throughout the day.
- May be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects over 100 pounds frequently.
- Reaching-extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Handling-seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.