Kitchen and Bath Designer
Requarth Co. Kitchen and Bath Designer Job Description
- Work with consumers and contractors to design kitchen and bath spaces and sell cabinetry and countertop products for those projects.
- Handle the entire design and sales process including, site measuring, client meetings, product selection, and preparation of quotes.
- Place orders for cabinetry, countertops and related products with vendors, confirm acknowledgments, enter customer orders, and receive payments as required.
- Coordinate as needed with the client’s installer for cabinet delivery and countertop installation and respond to any questions regarding the installation process.
- Participate in showroom walk-in traffic (duty) and special marketing events as required.
- Attend sales meeting and all required training and keep Manager informed of lead and project status.
- Meet sales and gross profit margins targets.
- Proficiency in kitchen and bath design and professional industry standards.
- At least two years of full-time related work experience in a cabinetry showroom.
- Great attitude, high energy and understanding of the importance of customer service.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently, manage time wisely and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relations with staff members, clients and vendors.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills for understanding written information in design plans, ordering forms, and contracts. This includes: proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, and the ability to write and proofread business correspondence.
- Proficient in keyboarding/typing and Microsoft Word.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to dependable transportation.
- A degree in interior design, interior architecture, space-planning or related from an accredited school.
- Solid history of lead development and consistent sales volume history working with homeowners, builders, architects, and interior designers.
- Certification from NKBA.
- 20/20 design software proficiency.
- Able and willing to lift, push and/or pull small boxes and display items of light to moderate weight.
- Able to perform general showroom and office upkeep duties which may require physical activity including but not limited to standing, walking, reaching, grasping, squatting, bending or kneeling.