Year in Review: 2021
Thanks to all who made the HBA's progress in 2021 possible! --- Erika Deady, 2021 President, HBA of Dayton
The HBA of Dayton continued to serve our members in a variety of ways as we looked to build on the momentum from successful events and advocacy efforts in 2020. Here are some of the highlights of 2021:
- Recruited thirty-four (34) new members during the year; including thirteen (13) new builder members
- Hosted successful Builders & Developers Forums with regional civic leaders (quarterly through Warren, Montgomery, and Greene counties).
- Participated in three Economic Development Forums discussing the correlation between jobs, housing, and the economy: I70/75 Development luncheon, Great Miami Riverway Conversations (with Nationwide Chief Economist, Dr. David Berson), and the Ohio Planners Conference
- Revised HBA’s Bylaws with revisions to respect to President and Vice President term commitments
- Met with two Dayton-area members of Congress (Davidson & Turner) regarding lumber price increases and supply chain issues.
- Hosted 6 Mid-Week Meet Up events to connect HBA members.
- Hosted a sold-out golf outing (…and made the news with that one!) and launched the first ever HBA Cornhole Tournament
- Collaborated on the first annual Southwest Ohio Regional Conference with both contractors and manufacturers
- Created the inaugural Kids in Construction Day at Homearama@ with over 90 kids registered
- Participated in the third annual Career Adventure Days at the Dayton Metro Library (~1,200 students)
- Hosted the first single-site Homearama® (Lifestyle Edition) at Union Village in Lebanon (Warren County), which saw more than 8,000 visitors to the show and more 14.1M media impressions
- Joined the Associated Builders and Contractors of the Ohio Valley (ABC), Dayton Region Manufacturers Association (DRMA), and Dayton Realtors for a Local Candidate Night (more than 60 candidates for public office in attendance)
- Hosted third Economic & Housing Forecast Luncheon in partnership with the Cincinnati HBA
- Past President Robi Simms was named the Area V.P. for the Ohio Home Builders Association